EARTHWATCH™ LICENSE SUMMARY
DISCLAIMER: This is not a license. This is a summary of DigitalGlobe’s EarthWatch License that highlights its key terms. Please read the full EarthWatch License text for the exact (and legally binding) terms that apply.
You can license the EarthWatch service from DigitalGlobe pursuant to an EARTHWATCH LICENSE if:
- You as an individual want to subscribe to the EarthWatch service for internal purposes only;
- You represent a legal entity that wants to subscribe to the EarthWatch service and may want to share the service and/or content with its affiliated entities for internal purposes only;
- You represent a government agency that wants to subscribe to the EarthWatch service and may want to share the service and/or content with other agencies in the same government for internal purposes only; or
- You represent an individual, legal entity, or government agency and you want to subscribe to the EarthWatch Maps API Product Level to create applications for location-based services or map-making purposes.
Under an EarthWatch License, you and your authorized users are free to:
- access and use the Content and derivatives; and
- develop derivatives of the Content by formatting, editing, digitizing and/or combining with other data; or extracting geographic features, human-made features, persons or animals and related data via identification, measurement, and/or analysis.
Authorized Users: If you subscribe to EarthWatch Standard, EarthWatch Premium, or EarthWatch Maps API, you can let an unlimited number of your employees and contractors use the Product. If you subscribe to EarthWatch Streaming, the subscription will be limited to the number of Authorized Users associated with the subscription tier you have selected.
Download and Online Display. If you subscribe to EarthWatch Standard or EarthWatch Premium, you may also download content and display an extract of imagery content or a derivative thereof on a website in a non-extractable and non-downloadable format.
For internal use only:
- Generally, you may only use EarthWatch and derivatives for your internal purposes. You may not use EarthWatch, Content, or derivatives for commercial purposes. Commercial purposes include publishing, reselling, or using on behalf of another company.
- If you have an EarthWatch Maps API subscription, however, you may use EarthWatch Maps API for commercial purposes provided that you are creating applications for location-based services or map-making purposes.
Data Derivatives can be used for all uses:
- “Data Derivatives” are a specific type of derivative of the Content available in EarthWatch that you are permitted to use for any and all purposes.
- Generally, Data Derivatives are derivatives that do not contain source data, and which are irreversible and uncoupled from the source Content.
For the term you choose:
- EarthWatch subscriptions are based on one-year, two-year, or three-year subscriptions, which automatically renew unless otherwise set forth on your order confirmation. If you subscribe