EARTHWATCHTM LICENSE SUMMARY
DISCLAIMER: This is not a license. This is a summary of DigitalGlobe’s EarthWatch License that highlights its key terms. Please read the full EarthWatch License text for the exact (and legally binding) terms that apply.
You can license the EarthWatch service from DigitalGlobe pursuant to an EARTHWATCH LICENSE if:
- You as an individual want to subscribe to the EarthWatch service for internal purposes only
- You represent a legal entity that wants to subscribe to the EarthWatch service and may want to share the service and/or content with its affiliated entities for internal purposes only
- You represent a government agency that wants to subscribe to the EarthWatch service and may want to share the service and/or content with other agencies in the same government for internal purposes only
Content Options: You can choose from two subscription options that offer different content:
Content in EarthWatch Standard plus:
Sharing: You can share access and content with an unlimited number of your affiliates or related agencies.
Download Content: You can download imagery and data to use offline.
Term: You can access the service for a one-year, two-year or three-year term (each of which can be renewed annually after the end of the term). You can use the downloaded content during your EarthWatch Standard subscription or you can use the downloaded content perpetually with your EarthWatch Premium subscription.
Pricing Model: Usage based subscription - by gigabyte of content viewed, streamed or downloaded
You and your authorized users are free to use the online service (and any permitted downloaded content) to:
- develop derivatives of the content by formatting, editing, digitizing and/or combining with other data or extracting geographic features, human-made features, persons or animals and related data
- modify, enhance and adapt the content and derivatives using the functionality of the service
- display an extract of permitted downloaded content or a derivative on a website in a non-extractable and non-downloadable format
Content, Downloaded Content and Derivatives for internal use only:
- You may only use the content and derivatives for your internal purposes and the internal purposes of your affiliates or related agencies. You may not use the content or derivatives for commercial purposes.
Data Derivatives for all uses:
- A “Data Derivative” is a derivative that doesn’t include any imagery or data from the source content. (Orthorectification and certain elevation/bathymetry models are also excluded from Data Derivatives.)
- You will own all Data Derivatives you create and can use them for any and all purposes.
ELIGIBLE PRODUCTS: EarthWatch Standard service EarthWatch Premium service